CDR:Re: The US mis-election - an oportunity for e-voting..

Robert Guerra rguerra at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 10 20:17:15 PST 2000

In article <001c01c062e0$5db95fc0$0100a8c0 at golem>, "Me"
<commerce at home.com> wrote:

> is there any benefit to the 'canadian system' above it's lack of
> lawyers?

Having a plethora of different standards sure doesn't help..
In Canada, and other countries there is a uniform ballot across the
country..something that hopefully will be introduced into the USA real
soon.

> i dont see why any of these methods are inherently
> better/safer/more accurate than those used in florida.

Counting a "X"'s I would think is easier than counting chads on punch
card ballots

> speaking of canadian elections, its too bad the canadian alliance
> didnt get elected and revoke bill c-68 g, eh?

Polls before the election were correct and the alliance didn't win. If
somone wants to revoke bill c-68 they will have to wait 5 years until
the next elecion.

BTW. Many thanks to those of you who have replied to my earlier messages
on this topic. I hope to answer you within a day or so.

regards

robert
--
Robert Guerra <rguerra at yahoo.com>, Fax: +1(303) 484-0302