The US mis-election - an oportunity for e-voting..

Joseph Ashwood ashwood at msn.com
Sun Dec 10 17:21:59 PST 2000

I guess it's time once again to dig back into the little bag o tricks to
destroy an accurate e-vote. Let's take the most recent election in the US,
where the highest office actually hinges on the swing of less than 500
voters. Consider if at the same time we had instated a vote from your home
initiative. It was publicly known that the race would be close, so activists
were out in force.

All it would take is 1000 strong willed people, with equally strong willed
guns, standing behind terrified voters who would gladly cast their vote
anyway the nice man with the big gun told them to. With public voting
locations we can certify that this did not happen, with vote from home, the
US has laws specifically for the privacy of what happens behind those doors,
as long as it's not illegal. Through this those 1000 vote would have gone
for <insert your least favorite four letter word here> and he would have won
the election. In spite of the fact that 1000 felonies were committed to get
him elected, the voting structure of the united states is such that those
votes MUST be counted. I honestly don't care how good the voting system is.
I don't care how many people actually vote their conscience. I don't care
how many people were simply killed because they lived in an area that
favored <insert your favorite four-letter word>. A private system is more
corruptible than a public one.
                    Joe