A piece of advice??

dmolnar dmolnar at hcs.harvard.edu
Sun Dec 10 15:53:42 PST 2000

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, FRANKY wrote:

> to cryptography". However I would like to know where could I find more
> books related to cryptography.

amazon.com is one place. see also
http://www.cacr.math.uwaterloo.ca/hac/

for an online copy of the Handbook of Applied Cryptography.

> secure one system I would like to kindly ask for guidance. How do we apply
> an algorithm to a whole system? I know how to encode a message , but a
> system?

I'm not sure what you mean by "a whole system." Do you mean something like
"how do I take a string of letters and represent it as a number so I can
encrypt it?" Then you want to look at ASCII or Unicode and random padding
like Optimal Asymmetric Encryption Padding (OAEP).

I'm not sure what else you mean.

-David