Gates to Privacy Rescue? Riiight!

petro petro at bounty.org
Sun Dec 10 14:27:13 PST 2000

Mr. May:

>The author also mentions that consumers dislike (so?) tracking of
>their purchases...and then in the next paragraphs cites the
>Firestone tire recall as an example of better policy than most Web
>sites have (or something like this...I re-read his analogy several
>times and still wasn't sure what his claim was). But
	I took that statement to mean that if Firestone exercised the
same level of diligence in the engineering of their tires that most
web sites used, they would be recalling a *LOT* more tires, enough to
make the current recall a drop in the bucket.
--
A quote from Petro's Archives:
"Despite almost every experience I've ever had with federal