The US mis-election - an oportunity for e-voting..

Robert Guerra gateway at cryptorights.org
Sun Dec 10 08:58:49 PST 2000

Declan:

I completely agree with you that internet voting isn't quite ready fom
prime-time just yet. But given the current snafu I highly suspect that
there will be a lot of interest in the field.

Certainly, I hope one of the few things the new congress will be able to do
is set-up a commission to propose new voting standards. Hopefully they will
pick a standard that doesn't give rise to problems 30-40 years in the
future...

personally, if I had a say I'd say they should adopt the same system Canada
uses. They use a 100 year old system, had few if any recounts, and managed
to count all thier manual ballots in less than 72 hours.

--On Sunday, December 10, 2000 11:59 AM -0500 Declan McCullagh