Fractal geodesic networks

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Fri Dec 8 19:32:43 PST 2000

At 10:17 PM -0500 12/8/00, R. A. Hettinga wrote:
>At 5:49 PM -0800 on 12/8/00, Bill Stewart wrote:
>

>>  At 02:47 PM 12/8/00 -0600, Jim Choate emetted:
>>>'fractal geodesic network' is spin doctor bullshit.
>>
>>  Well, buzzword bingo output anyway.
>
>:-). "Neological" is so much more... euphemisitic...
>
>>>And the Internet is most certainly NOT(!) geodesic with respect to packet
>>>paths.
>>
>>  ....more like a geodesic dome filled with boiled spaghetti...
>
>Depends on what dimension you're measuring. For fun, I pick time.
>
>I leave a definition of fractal time to the more mathematically creative
>out there.

You're the one using it, so why would you ask us to try to guess what you mean?

Unless you are saying you were just hand-waving, which would make
Choate's point, much as I am loathe to admit.

--Tim May

--
(This .sig file has not been significantly changed since 1992. As the
election debacle unfolds, it is time to prepare a new one. Stay tuned.)