IBM Uses Keystroke-monitoring in NJ Mob Case (was Re:

Ken Brown k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Dec 8 05:38:39 PST 2000

Petro wrote:

> > R. A. Hettinga wrote:
[...]
> >As I've written, the FBI should run quality house cleaning services
> >in large cities.
>
>         How do you know they don't?

In every office or factory I've ever been in, including government ones
where we kept paper copies of tax returns (yes folks, I have worked for
the Inland Revenue) there are cleaners. They seem to come in 3 kinds -
middle-aged black women, African students working their way through
college, and people with vaguely asiatic features who sound as if they
are speaking Portuguese. (Sometimes you get a few white students working
their way through college but they are more likely to get jobs in bars)

If I wanted to hire spies or assassins, I'd go for the middle-aged black
women. Preferably short and dumpy and shabbily dressed.  Someone who
looks like a granny. They can go anywhere, no-one ever stops them or
asks them who they are. An invisible woman to match Chesterton's
Invisible Man.

Ken