ip: Chaos Theory

auto110413 at hushmail.com auto110413 at hushmail.com
Fri Dec 8 13:08:31 PST 2000

So this is interesting, but you do understand that from a strictly logical
perspective it's completely inconsistent and makes no sense whatsoever??

Mr. Murphy complains that Gaza does not meet this "requirements" for being
an anarchy - I would then respectully ask "what does???".. If Gaza is not
anarchy, has there EVER been an anarchy in all of recorded history? The
"State," as a structure of social organization, exists even in communities
of animals that are of substantial sub-human intelligence (e.g., wolf packs,
 lion prides, dophins, ants, most primates and most other social, intelligent
animals all exhibit some form of "pecking order" that can loosely be interpreted
to be power structures that self-organized out of "random chaos" (so to
speak) so as to further the chances of survival for the species as a whole..)
human governments are very similar, except they attempt to inject some degree
of "civil procedures" into this otherwise life/death Darwinian drama..

If Mr. Murphy seeks a system where people own property and where other people
respect this property, then what exactly, I ask, is wrong w/ Northern California??
Defining anarchy to be such a system (where people own property and other
people respect this property) is a complete and total breakdown of all logical,
 rational reasoning..

I hope you also understand that from the perspective of a business man,
perhaps the most important role that governments provide is not necessarily
"an organized system of corrupt thugs to whom we pay protection money in
the form of taxes" (to paragraph Mr. Murphy's arguments); instead, government
most importantly provides business with an institution upon which businesses
may pass on risk (if necessary)..

ALL business is about minimizing risk, and the more that businesses are
able to pass on risk to government (the "State", so to speak), the happier
they are.. You need look no further than the DoD bailout of Iridium to see
what I mean.. (there are MANY other such examples too..)

If Mr. Murphy believes that it is possible to run a business absent government
(i.e., in an anarchy), I suggest he quit the pot-smoking grad school scene,
 get a REAL job (preferabbly in Northern California) and see firsthand how
the world REALLY works.. (perhaps AFTER he spends several months in Russia,
 so he can compare and constrast..)

the word "anarcho-capitalist" has no reality for me.. nor should it for
any rational, sane human being.. its substantially less than an oxymoron
and makes NO SENSE whatsoever.. if you want to live in a world that sustains
"anarchy-capitalism", you may as well live in a world where two people can
eat the same piece of pizza or a person has the freedom to jump over the
Moon (to cite examples from the article)