About 5yr. log retention

Tom Vogt tom at ricardo.de
Thu Dec 7 09:02:20 PST 2000

"Trei, Peter" wrote:
> Many places have 'mask laws' which criminalize the wearing of masks
> in public. Some times there are exceptions for costume balls, etc, but
> generally these laws are very selectively enforced. I seem to remember
> there were some prosecutions in the US in relation to the WTO protests
> and in London following the May Day protests.
>
> Unless there is a specific loophole for Muslim women's veils, I suppose
> they are technically in violation, but as I said, these laws are hardly
> ever invoked. If say, there were a rash of terrorist attacks involving
> veiled
> persons occured, there'd be crackdown.

that would be interesting to watch. for those people, the "masquerade"
is NON optional, and - as I understand it - they simply can't give in.
contrary to all the internet privacy, where we are unwilling to give in
to even more privacy being taken away, but we CAN (and 99% of your
typical AOL user survey WILL, if they get offered, say, one hour free
surfing).