About 5yr. log retention

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Thu Dec 7 07:15:46 PST 2000

> Ken Brown[SMTP:k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk]
> Jim Choate wrote:
> [...]
> > And just about every business
> > you go into has video gear, some pointed out the door. It's amazing if
> you
> > walk around looking for this stuff and keep a list. Anyone doing
> anything
> > that might attract uniformed attention should be going the major Ninja
> > route...
>
> I wonder what they think of Muslim women who go completely veiled? (I
> don't know if you have any in Austin but there are quite a few in
> London).
>
> Ken

Many places have 'mask laws' which criminalize the wearing of masks
in public. Some times there are exceptions for costume balls, etc, but
generally these laws are very selectively enforced. I seem to remember
there were some prosecutions in the US in relation to the WTO protests
and in London following the May Day protests.

Unless there is a specific loophole for Muslim women's veils, I suppose
they are technically in violation, but as I said, these laws are hardly
ever invoked. If say, there were a rash of terrorist attacks involving
veiled
persons occured, there'd be crackdown.

Peter Trei