hi

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Wed Dec 6 19:27:26 PST 2000

toad.com is technicaly deprecated and any current subscribers should move
to one of the alternate servers. The vast majority of discussion does not
get sent to toad.com. There are currently seven servers to choose from.

One server homepage at,

http://einstein.ssz.com/cdr/index.html

The current list is focused on cryptography, civil liberties, and
economics. There is quite a bit of secondary chatter on a variety of
topics. Sending viruses, suggesting the list be closed to non-members,
subscribing the list to various sources of spam, asking for bomb info, and
porno being the most popular off-topic topics. The most asked question is
probably "How the hell do I get off this list?" or more accurately
'unsuvscribe'.

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com