About 5yr. log retention

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Wed Dec 6 17:37:48 PST 2000

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, David Honig wrote:

> At 12:09 PM 12/6/00 -0500, Declan McCullagh wrote:
> >
> >* Common carriers are regulated closely by the FCC and states. (Think:
> >Approval required before raising prices.) ou don't want to be one.
>
> Yes, this was brought up recently when I mentioned common carrier
> protections
> for financial service providers, like the Texans.  It should
> be possible to separate the non-responsibility-for-content from the
> *eminent-domain-derived* regulation of the copper-wire-plant monopoly.

There are also issues of user rights. The 'common' means that it is a
common resource for all in the community, shared. As a consequence any
'filtering' is highly injurious. Something to do with the 1st
maybe?... But as a consequence it's other activities are regulated
in the 'public interest'.

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com