About 5yr. log retention

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Wed Dec 6 17:33:08 PST 2000

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, John Young wrote:

> Jim Choate blindly wrote:
>
> >What law?
>
> The law was quoted just below the citation we provided:
> 18 USC 2703(f).
>
> The news report quotation exactly matches what the law
> says about preservation. Not that you'll read it but here it is again:

Yeah, and it matches exactly what I said. It takes a court order, where
is the law that doesn't take a court order, that makes this mandatory all
the time?. This is what what the Europeans are talking about. They are
talking about making it mandatory to keep all logs all the time. This is a
big difference. The US representative is saying that the distinction
between requiring me as a system operator to cooperate with the law via
court orders and such or requiring me to keep my logs all the time is a
small difference.

Maybe you can't get it, but it is a HUGE!!!! difference.

I'm telling you, dude, up the med's...

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com