About 5yr. log retention

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Wed Dec 6 17:19:34 PST 2000

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, David Honig wrote:

> At 09:17 PM 12/5/00 -0500, Mark Allyn wrote:
> >
> >If you want to blab without being traced, go to the local public library
> >or netcafe. Some airports now have netcafe's that accept cash without
> >ID.
>
> Watch out for surveillance cams (incl. on public streets) if you're really
> going to attract uniformed attention.

It's also worth mentioning that many city police departments put IR and
hi-res video around town. The Austin PD has several camera suites around
town. One is on the top of the police station and monitors 6th Street (the
major non-college hangout). Here in Austin we have bicycle cops who sit
around using NVG's to catch people urinating in public and throwing up
(public intoxication). There are at least a thousand video camera's on the
major highways and a handful of primary intersections. Then there are
private camera's as well. I have a friend who has 4 channels at 5fpm on a
'secret' webpage that surround his house. And just about every business
you go into has video gear, some pointed out the door. It's amazing if you
walk around looking for this stuff and keep a list. Anyone doing anything
that might attract uniformed attention should be going the major Ninja
route...

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com