My plan to deal with subpoenas to testify

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Dec 6 13:19:09 PST 2000

At 1:08 PM -0800 12/6/00, Tim May wrote:
>At 3:52 PM -0500 12/6/00, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>>
>>>(Note about expenses: I had heard during the Parker trial that
>>>various witnesses called to travel to Washington were to "submit
>>>travel expense receipts." Is this true? What part of the
>>>Constitution says citizens must
>>
>>Yes. It's a standard government form. They also paid something like
>>$25 a day while you waited outside the courtroom before being
>>called to the stand, and $40 a day you actually testified. Yay.
>
>As I said, it's not my job to buy plane tickets, hotel rooms, etc.
>and then fill out a government form.
>
>Actually, I remember someone saying during the Parker case that a
>government travel office would make  all travel and lodging
>arrangements.
>
>Not my job to lend money to the government.
>
>I'm watching a lawyer on the stand in the Seminole County part of
>the rolling trial say that he charges $500 an hour to testify in
>court cases. Sounds like a good fee for me to charge.

I mis-spoke. He's not a lawyer...he's a statistics professor.

Still, sounds like a good fee to charge for my "expert testimony" on
Bell's scheme, should it come down to this.

--Tim
--
(This .sig file has not been significantly changed since 1992. As the
election debacle unfolds, it is time to prepare a new one. Stay tuned.)