IBM Uses Keystroke-monitoring in NJ Mob Case (was Re:

Jim Burnes jburnes at savvis.net
Wed Dec 6 10:12:02 PST 2000

On Tuesday 05 December 2000 22:05, R. A. Hettinga wrote:
> At 9:06 PM -0500 on 12/5/00, David Honig wrote:
> > A PDA would have been harder to hack, one imagines.
>
> This is why Chaum wants a small cryptographic device with it's own I/O,
> certainly.
>
> We'll get one when there's enough money behind it. Money's edge of the
> wedge...
>
> Cheers,
> RAH

I think someone out there makes a USB client-side digital certificate
device.  The only problem is you have to type in your passphrase to
unlock probably.  PDA's would be better.  A PDA with an infrared link
to a USB/serial connector would be ideal.  Preferably with random
voice challenge/response or other biometric.

jim

--
Sometimes it is said that man can not be trusted with the government of
himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we