Sunders point on copyright infringement & HTML

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Tue Dec 5 09:37:42 PST 2000

At 01:41 AM 12/5/00 -0800, petro wrote:
>Mr. May:
>>(And then there's Riad Wahby, whose signed messages are unopenable
>>by Eudora Pro. He is doing _something_ which makes my very-common
>>mailer choke on his messages. Not my problem, as his messages then
>>get deleted by me unread. Again, standard ASCII is the lingua franca
>>which avoids this problem.)
>
>	He's apparently using GPG, and he has been told about this.
>	He doesn't seem to care.

You're incorrect.  The problem isn't GPG, it's the Mutt mailer.
Riad's using 1.2.5i, which almost did the right thing,
and he went to the trouble of hacking the program to fix it.
So now his messages are plaintext GPG or PGP in the message body,
which is what they should be.
I'm not sure if hacking was necessary - it looks like
RGB on the linux-ipsec mailing list is getting the same effect,
(though perhaps he also hacked the source.)
				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com