Computer logs

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Mon Dec 4 19:00:23 PST 2000

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Carskadden, Rush wrote:

>      It is possible for you to receive a freeze order that will compel you
> to maintain referenced records. These orders (generally received prior to a
> pending subpoena) can be rather general, so this generally serves the
> purpose of preventing you from going on a shred/rm/wipe/degauss spree before
> the authorities get what they want from you. However, I do know of at least
> one case where someone challenged such a document on the basis that it was
> obtuse. Can't cite off the top of my head, though. If you would like to see
> some copies of documents that are generally used by feds to accomplish these
> goals, let me know. I will see if I can neuter some for reference purposes.
>
> ok,

Actually it's not. It completely misrepresents the initial statement that
law in the US requires logs to be kept. It doesn't. A court may order it
but that's another matter all together.

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com