persuasive speeches

Carskadden, Rush carskar at netsolve.net
Mon Dec 4 15:44:53 PST 2000

How about a business case for relaxing intellectual property regulations? If
you could put together a good persuasive speech on that one, I would like to
see it. Or you could do a persuasive speech on the economic advantages of
more lenient cryptographic export restrictions.

Or you could do what I did when I had that project in school (and this is my
personal recommendation) - blow off class to go hang out in the gallery of
the House, get there and remember it's tourist season and they are rotating
people through in five minute intervals, and decide to go downtown and get
drunk. I then had to deliver a persuasive speech the next day on why it was
more important to skip class and get drunk than to do assignments, which
didn't impress anyone and earned me a failure on the assignment.

Or you could subscribe to the speech writing mailing list (I'm sure there is
one) and ask them.