Missed News: US Adopts Euro Cyber Crime Proposal ...

Harmon Seaver hseaver at harmon.arrowhead.lib.mn.us
Mon Dec 4 13:00:48 PST 2000

Harmon Seaver wrote:

> > "Preservation is not a new idea; it has been the law in the United
> > States for nearly five years,'' the statement said.
>
>         Preservation of logs is "the law"? That's news to me. I've never
> preserved a log over the 4 weeks or so that the default unix config.

         Not only that, but we don't and have never kept any sort of router logs,
which is really what they would be after, I'd think. And we are the ISP for all
the libraries in the whole NE part of MN. Just think of all those perverts and
narco-terrorists using the free internet access in our libraries to keep in touch
with Osama anonymously.  Shame on us, shame, shame!

--
Harmon Seaver, MLIS     Systems Librarian
Arrowhead Library System        Virginia, MN