Signatures and MIME Attachments Getting Out of Hand

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Sun Dec 3 20:09:26 PST 2000

Both of you make reasonable points. (I read cypherpunks exclusively with
mutt, which does follow the standards, perhaps even fanatically.)

But there seems to be little benefit to (a) signing messages, though
this admittedly a personal issue and (b) using MIME types when some
mailreaders will not support them. Heck, even leaving aside the Eudora
problem, MIME attachments would pose problems if I want to use
/bin/mail in a pinch.

-Declan
(living in the '80s)