Signatures and MIME Attachments Getting Out of Hand

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sun Dec 3 16:52:45 PST 2000

At 7:16 PM -0500 12/3/00, Riad S. Wahby wrote:

>Tim May <tcmay at got.net> wrote:
>>  If messages are signed, great care should be taken to ensure that the
>>  signatures do not in any way interfere with the normal presentation
>>  of good old ASCII text, the lingua franca of the online world.
>
>The problem you're seeing arises because your mailer and others like
>it (Outlook, etc.) do not follow the PGP/MIME standard (RFC 2015,
>Oct. 1996), which calls for the support of the content-types
>application/pgp-encrypted, application/pgp-signature, and
>application/pgp-keys.  Unfortunately, many of us use mailers that make
>some attempt at supporting standards, and in the end you just can't
>read our mail.

You are so right.

It is pointless for me to argue that you folks should stick to ASCII.

Therefore, it is best that I simply take the 5-6 recent posters
involved and filter them out of my incoming mail.

As each new MIMEoid appears, I'll add him to the filter file.

Bye!

--Tim May

--
(This .sig file has not been significantly changed since 1992. As the
election debacle unfolds, it is time to prepare a new one. Stay tuned.)