The election debacle.

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Dec 2 14:51:22 PST 2000

     --
The election outcome is great.

With a bit of luck, we should see the supremes do a party line 5/4 vote on
a partisan issue, further destroying what little credibility they have left.

With a bit more luck we should see two slates of electors, one proclaimed
by the courts, and one by the legislature and executive.

Bush's case against the Florida supremes was great:   His team shot them
down root and branch, claiming that everything they did and said was beyond
their jurisdiction, as of course it was, but if one of them had been caught
scratching his bum, I am sure Bush would have argued that the offending
judge lacked jurisdiction to find his own bum also.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      WbV66f5Xmh8YI+XWY9eJshlRVy0Lc8wPGvz4AMmZ
      4ZejlQ7TMtBHNHjcv1nTObc+asCmBt4ydmTx/gpec