Two MS mail viruses - SnowWhite and ShockwaveFlash

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Fri Dec 1 09:01:10 PST 2000

Well, we've got two gifts from Microsoft's email architecture
going around this week.  Not only is there the Snow White thing,
but there's a Shockwave Flash thing that's spreading around as well.
I don't know if it autoexecutes on Outlook, or if it's just an
IBM-Christmas-Tree attack that entices users to click on it,
but either way, don't be surprised if you get attachments
sent to real email programs, and don't be surprised if email
to/from big corporations using Exchange gets doggy for a while.

There's more information on the Shockwave thing at vil.nai.com
				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com