Pigs Blind Woman, Then Arrest Her for "Interfering"

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Fri Dec 1 09:52:34 PST 2000

A further deminstration that all the citizen-units
in Los Angeles are not worth one cop's manicure.

http://www.newsday.com/ap/text/national/ap213.htm

-----

   LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A Los Angeles Police Department officer shot a
   beauty salon owner three times with a beanbag shotgun because he
   thought she was reaching in her jacket for a weapon.

   The shooting early Monday severely injured one of Annette Amoroso's
   eyes and she was expected to lose the eye.

   Amoroso, 38, said in an interview from her hospital room Thursday that
   officers ordered her to the ground as they investigated a report early
   Monday that the sport utility vehicle she was riding in was stolen.

   ''I was on my knees, with my hands up, and my back to them,'' Amoroso
   told the Los Angeles Times. ''First, they shot me in the shoulder. As
   I started to turn around, they shot me in the eye.''

   Amoroso was expected to have her right eye removed Friday. She was
   arrested on suspicion of interfering with an investigation.

Eric Michael Cordian 0+