Sunders point on copyright infringement & HTML

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Fri Dec 1 08:30:27 PST 2000

(Tim and "Riad S. Wahby" <rsw at mit.edu> have been discussing
mail formats for PGP.)

Riad's latest message worked fine - it's the first time in a while I've seen
Mutt sending PGP-signed messages that were actually readable
with Eudora (in other words, they're Just Text,
not some kind of broken MIME attachment.)

Looks like you're using Mutt 1.2.5i.
What settings did you use for other parameters?

On my system, by the way, the previous message didn't launch MSWord;
it asked me what application to use to read the message
(and I told it Notepad, since I expected it to be text.)
Tim probably picked one the Evil Empire tool sometime in the past,
though perhaps it's a Mac-specific thing.

At 11:41 AM 11/30/00 -0500, Riad S. Wahby wrote:

>*** PGP Signature Status: unknown
>*** Signer: Unknown, Key ID = 0x1931C6A6
>*** Signed: 11/30/2000 8:41:06 AM
>*** Verified: 12/01/2000 7:36:23 AM
>*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***
>
>Tim May <tcmay at got.net> wrote:
>> No, it _doesn't_ work. Clicking on your "mutt-positron" icon
>> presented to me in Eudora caused Microsoft Word to launch on my
>> system. Which gave me this message:
>
>Oh, how embarrassing.  I forgot to make the Content-disposition: field
>inline instead of attachment.  This was the source of the problem for
>Eudora.
>
>I believe that is fixed now, and I've tested it with the copy of
>Eudora Pro I have sitting on my Windows box.
>
>--
>Riad Wahby
>rsw at mit.edu
>MIT VI-2/A 2002