Anti-Racists Need Your Help!

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Sat May 15 04:31:35 PDT 1999

URGENT LEGAL ASSITANCE NEEDED!
On Sat. August 24 a group of 28 anti-racists activists were arrested in
Baltimore. In an action designed to prevent national alliance buses from
getting to rallying in Washington D.C. They are now in Baltimore city jails
with bails set as high as $20,000.
This was the national alliance’s fifth rally in DC since
November, during which they have called for violent attacks on people of
color, members of the LGBT community, and Jews. By preventing one of busses
from even reaching the rally and greatly delaying the other three, these
activists thwarted their plans for an uncontested stay in charm city. Once
in DC, the nazis faced even more opposition as hundreds of demonstrators
took
to the streets and chased them out of town.
In Baltimore, the remaining anti-racist activists are being
harassed by police. The Bloodshed, a community & show space, was raided
twice without warrants. Also, at the Progressive Action Center police
arrived and attempted to search the building, but the occupants did not
allow
them to conduct a search. Many groups of activists continue to be followed
by the police and they continue to be pulled over for questioning. Cops
pointed a gun at one group of activists late Saturday and detained them for
questioning.
In all, 28 of our comrades now sit in jail awaiting our help.
All told, some $45,000 will have to be raised in order to get them all out
immediately. We need assistance from all members of the anti-racist
community in order to free our fellow activists. It is important to give as
much as you can, but any contribution helps. Checks, in any amount, should
be made payable to Black Planet Books and can be mailed to 1621 Fleet St.
Baltimore MD 21231. Or call Jessica (JT) at (617) 584-9220 for information
regarding wiring money directly to Baltimore. If you need more information
feel free to e-mail us at antifalegal at hotmail.com.
In Solidarity,
Christina & Adam