Shrubs chickens come home to roost.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Wed May 12 23:18:59 PDT 1999

http://www.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=199678&group=webcast
Don't hate the media,become the media.
"...I was at the speech. The protester (Ian Goldsmith)was a member of the
SSTC (Stockton Save the Trees Coalition). He jumped up during Bush's speech
in his tree costume (see photo) and began singing "don't cut me down" to
the tune of the Beatle's song "Don't let me down". He was able to yell
"Tree Butcher!" "Trees are people too!" and "Boycott Wood!" before being
carried away by the Secret Service Goons.
I don't know what happened afterwards because I had to go and bail Ian out
of jail.
Bush and the Chickens (english)
stockton 2:16pm Fri Aug 23 '02
  comment#199719
Good for you Ian and we wish you all the best of luck in the struggle for
what is Right!
We watched on TV and it happened in the middle of Bush's chicken ramblings.
Seems Russia reneged on a deal with US to buy chickens.
Then, according to Bush, the Russians agreed to deal and buy the chickens.
Bush attributed this to our unique ability to unite and work together.
(leaving the impression that one cannot do business with the Russians - or
the Russians are backstabbers.)
But my question remained unanswered - Why did the Russians not want our
wonderful chickens? After all China wants our Rice. Columbia wants our
coffee. Cuba wants our sugar and the world cannot live without our
pineapples. Soon we will be shipping snow 'made in USA' to Siberia!
Either or, end of story.
Seems Russia rejected the chickens because of Health and Safety issue.
(could it be e-coli?)
USA backed down and agreed to tighten regulations to satisfy their
requirements - and that is why the deal was finally consummated.
Did you noticed that the males behind him on the podium, except for the
mayor, were not wearing ties, in open shirts.
My theory - to give the impression that Stockton is full of a bunch of farm
yodels who worry about the size of tomatoes.
I love this town. I love its diversity. Bush's stereotyping is an insult to
the people.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all human beings
irrespective of race, color , or sex, are born with the equal right to
share at the table of life" - Emma Goldman
(and that goes for the TREES and the animals too)