Bush is a major league International asshole.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Wed May 12 05:03:43 PDT 1999

Japan's Foreign Minister Tanaka Calls Pez Bush "Totally An Asshole"
by repost 4:19pm Thu Aug 22 '02 (Modified on 5:09pm Thu Aug 22 '02)

Original article at http://www.weeklypost.com/010625/010625b.htm#one "On
June 17, a day before Foreign Minister Makiko Tanaka would be meeting US
Secretary of State Collin Powell, Ms. Tanaka visited German Town High
School in Philadelphia where she studied for two years when she was a high
school student.The alumnae of the high school gave Ms. Tanaka a grand
welcome. She enjoyed a class reunion and talking with her old classmates.
Ms. Tanaka did not accompany interpreters and stenographers. She made a
remark about George Bush during her conversation with her classmates and
her words will remain in the history of Japan's foreign ministers. When she
entered the library, she sat in the same wooden chair she used when she was
a student. She remarked, "I remember the smell of this chair. It has not
changed at all." She was deep in sentimental memories of those days. Makiko
Tanaka said, 'What I learned at this school was spiritualism based on
religion, the principles of a simple life and love as well as peace. I
learned how important it is to listen to others and express one's opinion.
I have respected this principle throughout my entire life thus far." "Then,
one classmate raised a political issue and said to her, "There is no
scientific proof that the earth is warming and no legitimate reason why we
need the 'star wars' missile defense system. Don't you think so?" Ms.
Tanaka appreciated the question. In response to that question, Japan's
Foreign Minister Makiko reportedly said, "I will definitely oppose the new
missile defense plan proposed by President Bush. It is beyond my
imagination that we need it." Ms. Tanaka's visit to Washington DC was
agreed to by the US government after strenuous efforts by the Japanese
government. The objective of her trip was to vindicate what she expressed
about US foreign policies at meetings with her counterparts from other
countries. She conveyed her messages of criticism about the foreign polices
of the US government to them. She must have told them faithfully what she
believed. Her address immediately caused problems in the Japanese political
world. "During the conversation with her old classmates at the reception in
German Town High School, The Weekly Post learned that Ms. Tanaka made a
remark about George Bush, "He is totally an asshole" in English. The
majority of her classmates seemed to support the Republican Party, however,
they were critical about Mr. Bush's new missile defense plan. When Ms.
Tanaka made this remark, the classmates in the room were reportedly
excited.There has never been a statesman in Japanese history that called a
US president, 'an asshole.'" --Weekly Post Editorial, 6/25/01
add your comment
agreement.
http://portland.indymedia.org:8081/front.php3?article_id=17177&group=webcast