Anarchist Portal gets 3 million hits per month.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Sun May 9 01:55:40 PDT 1999

OK so a lot might be freepers and feds but still...and its always going to
be early days for the web,we all know that,right?
http://www.melbourne.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=31953&group=webcast
WWelcome to the second issue of an irregular update on the Infoshop.org
project. We hope that this update can help you find new features and
understand what is going on with this project. As the Infoshop.org project
grows and includes more and more volunteers, regular communication is
becoming more important.
Infoshop.org has been causing trouble on the web since it went online in
January 1995 as the Mid-Atlantic Infoshop. With over 3 million hits a month
as of last year, Infoshop.org is considered by many to be a valuable
resource to the anarchist and anti-capitalist movements, as well as for
thousands of people who are simply looking for alternatives to the current
capitalist system. The website is graciously hosted by the
flag.blackened.net server, which is part of a collective of anarchist and
anti-authoritarian digital activists. The webmaster and coordinator of
Infoshop is Chuck "Chuck0" Munson. The website is becoming more of a
collaborative network project every day.
www.infoshop.org