Police disinfo about murdered girls internet activities.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Sat May 8 01:48:39 PDT 1999

An International pattern of criminal deception?
Benjamin T. Moore, Jr.,
Private Detective/Body Guard, Writer and Jazz Musician (Tenor Sax)      The
very existence of "Carnivore" poses a conundrum most profound. It was not
long ago that FBI Director Louie Freeh sat before the Congress of these
United States, lamenting the wide spread use of encryption on the
Internetand specifically PGP.
According to Director Freeh, PGP - Pretty GoodPrivacy - made it possible
for terrorist, criminals, pedophile and averitable garden salad of riff
raff, to plot and plan the destruction of our "free state" with impunity.
According to Director Freeh, without the Congress mandating either the
outlawing of PGP or the inclusion of a back-door into PGP and all other
strong encryption - mandatory key escrow -doom would befall the American
people without the FBI being able to protectus.
ENTER CARNIVORE
Now comes this same FBI with a device that will in effect be a
permanentfull time wiretap on all Internet communications. *IF* Director
Freeh's assertions were correct before Congress, Carnivore is useless for
catching criminals, terrorist or pedophile, who according to Freeh all use
unbreakable encryption. Thus, one must ask, who is Freeh actually after?
Or, does Director Freeh know something that none of us are aware of? Has
PGP already been cracked? Do they have access to real quantum computers?
The very development of "Carnivore" makes no sense *IF* what Director Freeh
testified to before the Congress was correct.
If on the other hand, Director Freeh was lying in his testimony before
Congress, again we must ask why and to what end? *IF* PGP has already been
compromised, what better way to give those using it a false sense of
security than to have the Director of the FBI in essence give it a glowing
endorsement? Yet, according to some of the brightest minds in the private
sector, the assertions of Director Freeh were absolutely correct! PGP does
in fact use unbreakable encryption.
Could it be as we've always suspected? The FBI is more interested in going
after innocent citizens than it is in going after the real criminals?
Carnivore is basically a tool that throws a wide net and filters everything
from everybody. It violates the 4th Amendment to the Constitution. It
violates due process - 5th and 6th Amendments - it is not only the camel's
nose under the tent, it's sliding down the slippery slope and off the
precipice and into the yawning chasm!
*IF* Carnivore is allowed to be activated, it will set a precedence there
percussions of which will be lasting and damning! It has the potential to
end our way of life. The internet is really the beginnings of a global
telephone system. It is terrifying to those in power who feel the need to
control populations via information deprivation. Want to know what's really
happening in Kosovo? Log on and talk to somebody actually there. Did the US
bomb a bio-warfare factory in Iraq? Or was it really a hospital? The major
media gets it's news from White House press briefings with "B-Roll" from
specially selected sites made available to them by the US military. Is this
really *NEWS*??? No, the internet is a very frightening thing to those
fearful of losing power.
"Carnivore" would be like having a permanent wire tap on your home
telephone with a tape rolling at all times. Have you ever had a
conversation over the phone with a friend wherein you spoke negatively of
the President of the United States? Would you have said the same things if
you knew the Secret Service was listening in? Have you ever had a
conversation with a friend around April 15th and spoke negatively of the
IRS? Maybe you referred to them as being "organized crime incarnate?" Did
you fear being audited because you expressed a negative opinion? Would you
have expressed the same feelings if you knew the person who could have you
audited was listening in?
The very notion of "Freedom of Speech and expression," implies privacy.
Without privacy the 1st Amendment becomes meaningless! What price safety?
More and more cameras are going up in public and not so public places. The
justification has always been the public safety. How a camera prevents
someone from *committing* a crime is beyond me. There were cameras in the
school in Columbine on that fateful day. The cameras recorded the carnage.
They didn't stop it. They didn't even give law enforcement the needed
information to move in quickly enough to prevent several persons from
bleeding to death. Cameras like "Carnivore" only provide information useful
*AFTER* the fact.
The simple truth is, nobody can live in the United States of America
without breaking numerous laws everyday. You just don't realize you're
breaking them. Farmers have lost their property because a "black footed
gerbil" decided to take up residence in one of their fields. A federally
protected species seems to take precedence over voting tax payers. From
speeding to J-Walking, if you were fined or imprisoned each time you
fractured a law, you'd be bankrupt in 60 days. Throw in the draconian
conspiracy laws, and you could be arrested at anytime for almost anything.
If you have too much cash on you, it can be confiscated under the drug laws
without you ever being charged for any crime. You'll spend more in
attorney's fees to get it back than it was worth in the beginning. Have too
little cash on you and you can be arrested for vagrancy. What's the right
amount of cash to carry? Well, that depends on your race and where you are.
To conclude, we need "Carnivore" like we need another hole in our heads! By
the FBI's own admission, "Carnivore" is not going to catch criminals. This
means if you're not a criminal, you soon will be.
Benjamin T. Moore, Jr.
btmoore at iname.com
Home Page: http://ind.cioe.com/~btmoore
Page me on the WWW at: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/8159114
Use your Web Browser to get my PGP Public Keys from:
http://ind.cioe.com/~btmoore/_private/MyKeysDSSRSA.txt