La Grande Bouffe.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Thu May 6 08:07:59 PDT 1999

I saw this movie in 1978 and I've remembered it all these years. A very
funny, gross movie for all of us who have ever pigged out.pr.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6303675360/102-8710925-9547318
Meat you in the garden.
"...I'm not a big fan of Marco Ferreri's work. I think he was quite
irregular in his output, but when he hit the mark he was simply second to
none. For me, this "La Grande Bouffe" and "L'Ape Regina" ("The Queen Bee"
or "The Conjugal Bed", 1963, with Ugo Tognazzi and Marina Vlady) are among
the best examples of black comedy ever to be given us by filmmakers
anywhere in the world. His choice of actors couldn't be better:
Mastroianni, Piccoli, Noiret and Tognazzi will be forever among the
greatest in this trade, and in "La Grande Bouffe" all of them give us one
of the finest of their efforts ever."