Hasn't Bosnia suffered enough?

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Wed May 5 21:33:31 PDT 1999

In May, 2002, Mr. Allen travelled to Bosnia at the request of U.S. and
European officials of the George C. Marshall European Center for Security
Studies to share his experiences as a local prosecutor with foreign
officials on meeting threats posed by white collar criminals. As the only
American prosecutor chosen, Mr. Allen worked with Bosnian prosecutors,
judges and lawmakers in their review of laws in the war-torn country
attacking corruption, fraud and money laundering. Afterwards, he and the
Bosnian representatives discussed the merits of adopting some aspects of
the American criminal justice system, including grand juries, in dealing
with white collar crime there.
"At a time when we are reminded that the stability of far away places can
have a direct impact on the security of our nation, it is important to have
an American leader come to Bosnia to share insights into the values and
rule of law that serve as the cornerstones of democracy and freedom. Mr.
Allen made a tremendous contribution toward these goals in Bosnia," said
Alan G. Gorowitz, a Plans Officer for the George C. Marshall Center.
Mike and his wife Lisa (Magistrate, Hamilton County Municipal Court), live
with their two children, Michael Jr. and Cora, in Miami Township.
Contact Information:
Hamilton County Prosecutor's Office
230 E. Ninth Street, Suite 4000
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202