Netdog to porn valley intercept.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Wed May 5 04:45:43 PDT 1999

JoJo Rufus Writes: I'm the owner of a rather large paysite and always
wanted to get my head in the door to those people out in Porn Valley. Until
I went to Internext in Florida. I was invited to an invite-only party with
some of the bigger names on the Internet. We're talking people who run
massive paysites scaling millions of dollars a year, tremendous TGP
players, PHP programmers, traffic masters, AVS marketers. Everyone is
lowkey and real. They're just like average people yet wear Rolex watches
but drink domestic beer. Then I realize how fucked up porn people really are.

All I ever hear in the Valley are all these motherfuckers whining and
complaining and bitching and moaning. This guy ripped me off, my
distributor is taking too much of a cut, I never have enough money, maybe
I'll make some money by referring this whore I picked up in Palmdale.

It's funny. Nobody ever has any money. And I'll tell you why. For a person
to start a new venture and try to set up and own his own titles, you have
about as fat a chance of making money than a clam trying to grow a pearl.
You know why? Cause you'll never get paid. Term deals? Great! There are
really only a few talented filmmakers who have enough talent to create good
product without dishing out a bunch of generic crap. Everything's been done.

Meanwhile, the boys who are ruling the Internet are fucking liquid. They
have cash. And they have the cash to go after the biggest and brightest
people. They don't deal with these fuckups in porn who flunk out of company
after company and somehow always land a job. Chuck Martino. Kid Vegas. John
T. Bone. The list goes on and on. You know why? The Internet requires
skills and accountability. Porn Valley has nothing but a bunch of
backstabbing cunts with IQs of room temperature trying to figure out how
they can skim off the top. But guess what? You rip someone off and it
fucking lasts.

Also, you shoot a brand new girl on the Internet and it's up that day. You
shoot a brand new girl on video and it's up in a few months but who cares.
She's on the box of a dozen titles to boot. How new is that?

The immediacy is what matters. Shoot with the Net in mind. Don't pigeonhole
yourself into thinking about measly video distribution. So you sell 1000
units out the door if you're lucky. Half the distributors don't pay you on
time. You have to beg, borrow and steal. Then you wait. Meanwhile you ain't
got enough money to pay rent and you're left eating cheese and crackers
like some starving Third World buffoon. You are fucking stuck.

The Internext tells us one thing. If you don't embrace the net, you are
doomed. Like when people didn't embrace the VCR. Or the camcorder. Or DVDs.
But guess what? The Internet requires a hell of alot more skills that those
past technological advances and, of course, Porn Valley tends to attract
scumbags. Ain't that about a bitch.