Rosepetaling joshua.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Fri Apr 30 17:16:34 PDT 1999

A PERTH schoolboy's suggestion that rose petals be scattered on the streets
of Manhattan to commemorate September 11 has reportedly been taken up.
Joshua Tan, 14, from the northern Perth suburb of Kallaroo, responded to a
World Trade Centre website invitation to submit ideas on how to commemorate
the anniversary, the Sunday Times reported today.
In his email the teenager suggested rose petals could be scattered in the
streets to remember the victims and celebrate the victory of the spirit of
the people, like in Roman times.
New York mayor Michael Bloomberg on Friday emailed back saying Joshua's
suggestion would form a key part of the September 11 commemorations.
"I can't believe that I'm on the other side of the world and my idea has
been taken on board," Joshua told the paper.
"I just had a feeling I wanted to do something and be part of it."
I had that feeling last year.Funny old world innit? Bloomberg probably
smokes petals.