It won't happen here (will it PeterT?)

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Thu Apr 29 11:33:26 PDT 1999

Matthew
 >>I want to comment on something else here, which I find to be a common
trait with US citizens: "it can't happen here". The Chinese gov't can do
anything they like, because any citizen who would try to "keep watch" would
find himself shot. What basic law of the universe says that this can't
happen in the US? What exactly will prevent them, 10 years from now, to say
"compelling state interests require that we get to do whatever we want with
the little box"? You already have an official "gov't against 1st
ammendment" policy, from what I've read. Mark
I hear Luke and John are concerned as well,Peter?