Viva Zapata!

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Tue Apr 27 17:58:00 PDT 1999

1893 -- Emiliano Zapata's 13th birthday.
Of the group that joined Zapata, best-known was Antonio
Diaz Soto y Gama. A fiery orator, he was strongly
influenced by anarchist Peter Kropotkin's creed of the
good peasant. Among those who rallied to Zapata
was Octave Jahn.
http://recollectionbooks.com/bleed/gallery/galleryindex.htm#Jahn
http://recollectionbooks.com/bleed/sinners/KropotkinPeter.htm
AUGUST 8 EMILIANO ZAPATA
"Tierra y Libertad!"
Hero of two Mexican Revolutions
1879 -- Mexican revolutionary hero, anarchist Emiliano
Zapata lives! John Steinbeck scripts the film version.

"Zapata will continue to live as long as people believe that
they have a right to their land & a right to govern themselves
according to their deeply held beliefs & cultural values."

I would rather die standing than live on my knees!
Emiliano Zapata