First we take mi-cro-soft...then we take IBM.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Mon Apr 26 16:52:46 PDT 1999

Microsoft has welcomed the noise surrounding the announcement of its
Palladium initiative -- a planned security-oriented overhaul of how
hardware and software interact with each other. While some analysts seem
skeptical about Microsoft's ability to wed the Windows operating system to
its security and privacy plans -- some of which are based on a new security
chip capable of cryptography and other defense measures -- they said the
company is one of the only technology players capable of pulling it off.
Full Story

'Cell' Supercomputing Chip Closer to Completion
  The initial design phase for IBM's mysterious new chip architecture,
known as Cell, has ended and is now in the hands of engineers, company
officials said. A supercomputer on a chip, Cell is a joint project of IBM,
Toshiba and Sony. It is expected to be more than 100 times faster than a
2.5 GHz Pentium 4 chip.
Full Story

FROM
http://www.newsfactor.com/