Radio CATO

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Tue Apr 20 04:53:51 PDT 1999

David has invited me on the show tonight... To find a local radio station
in the U.S. that carries it (910AM in San Francisco, for instance), visit:

Online Tonight with David Lawrence
http://online-tonight.com

The audio stream will be archived in Windows Media format and online about
an hour after the show.Hour 1: I'll believe it when I hear it.
Declan McCullagh of CNET's News.com, pictured here, claims to be available
for the show.
He apparently made it this time.
Declan's beat is DC, politics and technology, and he loves to skewer people
who are in positions of power over technologists, making laws and passing
regulations about technology, who in general have no collective clue about
what technology's station is in our lives.
He tends to lean libertarian, he tends to take up the cause du jour of
hackers and netizens, sometimes without thinking, and will always publish
pros and cons as well as personal experiences.
His recent escapades with a guy who sent him (as well as others) his resume
is on the other side of the fence: his reception of a bulk spam from Costa
Rica, which he forwarded to the abuse account at Yahoo (from whence it
came) as well as the spammer himself, caused the spammer to then report him
to a series of blacklists, who all shoot first and ask questions later. If
at all.
We talk about the power that these blacklists have and the space we've now
occupied in the ongoing battle between spammers and legitimate online
publishers.

Also, I'm on CNET Radio just about every day around 9:45 am ET:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-03655.html

-Declan