arms collectors...

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Fri Sep 25 10:46:16 PDT 1998

At 4:56 PM -0700 9/25/98, David Emery wrote:

>Washington Times, 25 Sep 98
>Operable missile seized in customs
>By Bill Gertz THE WASHINGTON TIMES
>
>U.S.  and British authorities are investigating how a Russian-design
>Scud missile was imported illegally by a weapons collector in
>California, The Washington Times has learned.
>British customs officials are investigating the seller, a small firm
>outside London, and U.S.  investigators are questioning an arms
>collector from Portola Valley, Calif., near Palo Alto, who bought the
>system, Mr.  Hensley said.
>The officials identified the buyer only as a wealthy man who is a U.S.
>citizen.  He is a legitimate arms collector -- apparently not linked to
>terrorists or illicit arms dealers.  But the false paperwork has raised
>questions about the deal and prompted the U.S. investigation.

I know someone who is good friends with this guy. My friend is a
commodities broker who is active in gun shows and in weapons dealing. The
guy mentioned above has a couple of working tanks at this ranch up in
Portola Valley, tanks which he drives around. And lots of other weapons. I
was supposed to go on a shoot with this bunch a while back, but I couldn't
make it.

His Scud missile is unlikely to have been planned for any real use. Maybe
they think that with the First Criminal's spawn enrolled in the school down
Alpine Road that he's some kind of threat.

I could say more, but then I'd have to kill everyone who reads the list.

--Tim May

(This space left blank pending determ. of acceptability to the gov't.)