No Privacy for Privacy Hypocrites

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Thu Sep 24 06:30:24 PDT 1998

Sounds like a great idea, in the "Asking for truth from power" category.
I doubt you'll get a lot of responses, but good luck.

>     The group, named "No Privacy for Privacy Hypocrites," (on
>the web at http://www.noprivacy.org) intends to make Congress
>confront the privacy concerns that are raised by the
>investigation, by asking Members of Congress to declare their own
>standards regarding privacy, and deal with the consequences.
>     On Monday, September 28, 1998, the group will distribute a
>survey to Members of Congress asking:
>
>     Do you believe any branch of government should investigate
>     allegations that elected officials have committed adultery,
>     including allegations that they have lied about it?
>
>     If a Member answers yes or if the Member refuses to answer
>the first question, then (and only then) they will be asked:
>
>     Have you ever committed adultery, and have you ever lied
>     about it?

Of course, if the Member answers "No", then the obvious followon is
	"So what are you trying to hide?"  :-)
but that's really best left for the version of the survey for
appointed officials asking if they think appointed officials
should be investigated.

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com