This is a listed crime?

Michael Motyka mmotyka at lsil.com
Sun Sep 20 22:23:45 PDT 1998

> if nothing else, such as
>   telling a federal agent to fuck-off, they will charge you with
>   obstruction of justice.

Not too long ago the New York State Court of Appeals struck down some
local ordinance outlawing public profanity stating that it was
unconstitutional. Looks like not all courts are enemies of the Bill of
Rights. Bottom line is that you can say 'Fuck You' in New York. That's
not to say that some tallboot won't abuse his power and crack your skull
or set you up if you dis him.

>   dont want to take the time to look up the 18 USC reference, but
>   providing deliberately false information to _any_ federal agent
>   is a felony--  that includes the IRS.

Perhaps you could deliberately mislead them without actually
representing the information as true. Would these disclaimers indicate
that the following information is not suitable for any purpose and that
the provider takes no responsibility for any confusion resulting from
the use of the information? Like a Microsoft software license. A
tail-light warranty for the spoken spam.

I heard that ...
I believe that ...
In my opinion ...
I'm not sure ...
I don't recall exactly ...
I think you should consider looking into ...
It is possible that ...
I thought that ...
What if ...
Didn't he once ...

Or use these:

I'm truly, truly sorry I can't help you. Would you like some more
coffee?
Piss off.

>     silence             obstruction of justice

Silence is allowed, 5th ammendment. Where in the BOR does it say that
this only applies under oath in a court of law?

>     false information   lying to a federal agent in course of ...

Golly, can't lie under oath, can't lie not under oath. Can't just be
quiet. I guess they win. Justice prevails.