Forwarded mail...

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Sat Sep 19 17:49:04 PDT 1998

Forwarded message:

> Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 09:35:33 +0200
> From: Anonymous <nobody at replay.com>

> To my understanding pleading the 5th in response to a court order for your
> passphrase would work, correct?  Or would you be liable under contempt of
> court?

It should work, though I don't believe it's ever been tested in court. I've
been looking at the court forcing one to take immunity and can't find
anything that would support such actions. So if you haven't told the court
you will cooperate *and* you say nothing more than that you're taking the
5th there shouldn't be much they can do except charge you as an accomplice
and hope for a conviction on other material.

                            The seeker is a finder.

                                     Ancient Persian Proverb

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com