Clinton's fake apologies (fwd)

Brian B. Riley brianbr at together.net
Sat Sep 19 07:52:03 PDT 1998

On 9/19/98 11:24 PM, Anonymous (nobody at remailer.ch)  passed this wisdom:

>a very good reason for impeachment,
>
>Jim Choate <ravage at einstein.ssz.com> wrote:
>> Of course it's different if you preface your lie with "I swear to tell the
>> truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth".
>>
>> The oath is voluntary and therefore if broken no claim for duress, only
>> intentional misdirection, can explain such actions.
>
>echoed by nobody at remailer.ch who wrote:
>> ...If some public figure ... goes under oath and then lies, ...
>> he's trying to throw a wrench in the
>> justice system. It wouldn't be as bad if somebody like Jim or I lied under
>> oath, but this guy is the chief executive of the United States. He's
>> basically Top Cop, and his administration doesn't hesitate to press
>> charges against people who commit all sorts of victimless crimes.
>>

>I agree it's bad. I agree it undermines the justice system a little bit.
>But, ... impeachment?
>
>You're not charging him with murder (eg WACO), attacking the 1st
>ammendment (CDA),
>the 4th (SSN on driver's licences), the 5th (GAK). You're going after Al
>Capone
>for tax evasion. You want to get him because he's a Bad Person not because of
>the particular crime. This is ironic, because his crimes against our basic
>rights were committed while pursuing Bad People, but it is also hypocritical.

They couldn't get Capone any other way but on Income Tax Evasion ... we
all know how much more guilty of how many more heinous crimes he was ...
but we took him the only way we could ... Clinton is no different ... it
would be grand and so fitting if we could impeach himt for having
committed aggravated assault upon the Bill of Rights, but if we have to
get him because he can't keep his pecker zipped up then so be it ... as
with case of Al Capone, this country will also be richer without William
Jefferson (Thomas must be rolling in his grave!) Klinton!

Brian B. Riley --> http://members.macconnect.com/~brianbr
 For PGP Keys  <mailto:brianbr at together.net?subject=Get%20PGP%20Key>

 "When hell freezes over, grab your ice skates."
      -- Mark Johnson