Democracy...

Michael Motyka mmotyka at lsil.com
Fri Sep 18 00:59:14 PDT 1998

Richard,

Flogging a dead horse may serve a purpose: the steaks that show up on
your grocer's shelves might be a bit more tender. I have not tried to
say that morals lack value, simply that they are not absolutes.

> You may deride my absolutes but if applied by all we would have no crime, no
> divorce etc. Boring??  Not really.  Many diseases and social problems would
> cease or be reduced.

One person's Utopia is, invariably, another's Hell. Utopia is not
achievable. Many have tried. All have failed. All future attempts will
fail. Any system that fails to acknowledge this will be insufferable.

Mike

"Heaven, heaven is a place, a place where nothing, nothing ever happens"
-Talking Heads- (More Songs About Buildings and Food?)

PS : are you a Physicist?

> Actually the speed of light varies depending on the medium

This one deserves some reading but I suspect that 'not if you're the
photon'.

> and the mass of an electron with its velocity.

Gamma = 1 --> Lorentzian = Newtonian. Gamma = 1 if you are the electron
being measured. It is still the same after it has been accelerated, it
just reads differently from the outside.