DCS-NY Initial Meeting on September 8th

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Thu Sep 17 17:16:50 PDT 1998

--- begin forwarded text

From: "DCS-NY Announcements" <dcs-ny-rsvp at piermont.com>
To: "recipient list suppressed" <perry at piermont.com>
Subject: DCS-NY Initial Meeting on September 8th
Date: 17 Sep 1998 14:05:02 -0400

[If you know of people who may be interested in this meeting, please
feel free to forward this message to them.]

I am pleased to announce the second luncheon meeting of the Digital
Commerce Society of New York (DCS-NY), to be held on Tuesday, October
13th at 12:00. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP and
send in your check (as explained below) as quickly as possible. We
have relatively little time to make arrangements, and need to have a
solid idea of the number of attendees by Friday the 25th of
September.

This Month's Luncheon Speaker:

 Stuart Feldman, IBM Institute for Advanced Commerce, IBM T.J.
 Watson Research Center

 Topic: Future Directions in Electronic Commerce

 Stuart Feldman will delve into a half dozen major themes for long-term
 research in electronic commerce. These areas will take years to resolve
 at a research level and even longer to achieve full impact in the world
 economy. They include privacy, the evolving marketplace on several time
 scales, the rise of dynamic businesses and electronic haggling, improved
 relationships to customers, and the systems underpinnings needed to
 support the vast new opportunities and capabilities of electronic
 commerce. Stuart Feldman is Director of IBM's Institute for Advanced
 Commerce. The Institute is dedicated to creating new technologies for
 support of e-commerce as well as pursuing fundamental issues in
 e-commerce. He is also the author of the original "make" and "f77."

WHAT IS DCS-NY?

As some of you probably know, Robert Hettinga has been running a group
called the Digital Commerce Society of Boston for over three years.
DCSB meets once a month for lunch at the Harvard Club in Boston to
hear a speaker and discuss the implications of rapidly emerging
internet and cryptographic technologies on finance and commerce --
"Digital Commerce", in short.

The Digital Commerce Society of New York (DCS-NY) is a spin-off of
DCSB.  We intend to meet the second Tuesday of each month for lunch
at the Harvard Club in New York, and conduct meetings much like those
of DCSB. Our organizing meeting in September was attended by a wide
variety of professionals involved in the business, technical and legal
sides of the emerging world of digital commerce.

If you are interested in attending our next luncheon meeting, please
follow the directions located below. If you merely wish to be added to
our e-mail meeting announcements list, you may send your e-mail
address to "dcs-ny-rsvp at piermont.com".

Perry

PS We would like to thank John McCormack for his invaluable assistance in
procuring the venue for our meetings.

HOW TO RSVP:

The meeting will start at 12:00 noon on October 13th at the Harvard Club,
which located at 27 West 44th St. in Manhattan.

The cost of the luncheon is $49.00.

To RSVP, please:
A) Send a check for $49.00 (payable to "The Harvard Club of New York") to:

	Harry S. Hawk
	DCS-NY LUNCHEON
	Piermont Information Systems, Inc.
	175 Adams St., #9G
	Brooklyn, New York  11201

Please include along with your check:
1) The name of the person attending
2) Their daytime phone number
3) Their e-mail address

B) Send an email message to dcs-ny-rsvp at piermont.com indicating that
you have sent your check, so that we can inform the Harvard Club of
the number of people who will be attending.

Please note that the Harvard Club dress code requires jacket and tie
for men and comparable attire for women.

If you have special dietary requirements, please check with us by
email before you RSVP.

Making final arrangements for our room requires that we have a good
idea of how many attendees we will have. Because of this, it is very
important that you RSVP quickly so that we will be able to get a
larger room if necessary.

We are looking forward to seeing you!

Perry

--- end forwarded text

Robert A. Hettinga <mailto: rah at philodox.com>
Philodox Financial Technology Evangelism <http://www.philodox.com/>
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA