Clinton still doesnt get it

Anonymous nobody at replay.com
Tue Sep 15 21:59:49 PDT 1998

Frondeur writes:

> Why do you believe the perjury case has `reasonable doubt' problems?

Watch TV and learn the answer.  It's only perjury if it's material,
and the judge said it wasn't material.

> And the abuse of power case seems thin even to a non-lawyer.  But
> where does the `executive privilege stuff' come in?  I don't see
> that Starr listed that among his possible grounds for impeachment.

Among the grounds Starr listed was Clinton's attempt to delay the
investigation by raising many legal objections. He claimed privilege,
for example, with respect to Secret Service testimony.  Most of his
efforts were ultimately overruled.