Larry Gilbert, AOLers, and the Hyper-real flamer

Michael Motyka mmotyka at lsil.com
Tue Sep 15 03:40:44 PDT 1998

Michael Branch wrote:

> this news group is a lot like the Jerry Springer show.
>
> Mike

I went to a cypherpunks meeting in Mtn View last Saturday. I was
hesitant because I expected a multimedia, in-your-face version of the
list. Surprise!!! This crew is smart, experienced, rational and they are
actually working. Even though the topic of the day, IPSEC and secure
DNS, is not a technical area that I know or care to learn right now, I
was impressed.

Night and day : list and meeting. When a project comes along that
interests me, I'm in.

Regards,
Mike

ps - I wish I could offer legal expertise or lots of money *when* the
Constitutional battle over domestic controls gets more direct.