Larry Gilbert, AOLers, and the Hyper-real flamer

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Sep 14 07:12:47 PDT 1998

At 7:28 PM -0700 9/14/98, Anonymous wrote:

>Sixdegrees could avoid these problems very easily by adding a domain
>verification so that somebody from Netcom can't specify some address at
>toad.com and have it work. They haven't. They haven't because they don't
>care. Saying that some sites have screwed up rDNS and mail domains isn't a
>valid excuse. They can insert exemptions for Hotmail, MSN, Juno, and other
>sites like that if they want. Oh, maybe they have a "phobia" of this, just
>like AOLers apparently have a "phobia" of even making an attempt to use
>English properly, so it's okay.

This is why I have been responding to "sixdedegrees" contacts with threats,
death threats, threats to put them on my spam list, promises to contact
their children, and other such delightful things.

They have become an Internet bomb, exploding in our midst.

Respond to them in kind.

--Tim May

P.S., Anonymous goes on to write:

>Now, since you're all for niceness in the world, you can go jump on Tim
>since he's doing this too.
>
>  From: Tim May <tcmay at got.net>
>  To: Well now I am a Mommy! <xenedra at hotmail.com>, cypherpunks at toad.com
>  Subject: Re: sixdegrees

That's right. I say death to Sixdegrees and death to those who spam us.

Kill the fuckers dead. Let Frodo sort them out.

Wiping out the corporate monstrosity that is "Sixdegrees" will be sweet.

--Tim May

(This space left blank pending determ. of acceptability to the gov't.)