Predictions: Crime and Criminal Justice in the 21st Century

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Sep 14 05:15:41 PDT 1998

Good post. The war is about to be joined.

At 7:34 PM -0700 9/14/98, nnburk wrote:
>Predictions: Crime and Criminal Justice in the 21st Century
>
>1.      The United States will experience a significant economic
>recession/crisis very close to the turn of the Century.

Agreed. The chickens are coming home to roost. America will get what it
deserves. I figure the Y2K problem will be the most significant trigger
event.

>2.      As the large pool of young people born in the early 1990s
>become teenagers and young adults, there will be a dramatic
>increase in violent crime around the year 2005-2010.

See "A Clockwork Orange" for details. Today's Ebonics kids will be
tomorrow's Droogs.

>3.      America will experience sporadic civil disorders/riots in
>many of its urban areas during the next 10-15 years -- much of it
>related to racial/ethnic problems.

The inner cities will burn. 10 million ethnics will wipe themselves out.
White America (and Asian America, who are honorary whites, by the
University of California's admissions standards) will cluck, but will watch
the inner cities burn themselves out with only a "I told you so" attitude.
Miami, Chicago, Washington, LA, New York, Atlanta, New Orleans, and a dozen
other cities will be like Berlin after the war.

>4.      Terrorist acts by "fringe"/special issue groups will
>increase at a significant rate -- becoming a major law enforcement
>and security problem.

Freedom fighters, not terrorists.

>5.      As faith in the criminal justice system declines, there
>will be a rise in vigilante-based incidents where citizens take
>the enforcement of crime problems into their own hands.

Local justice, not vigilantism. OJ and You Know Who hanged side by side.
Several million welfare thieves given  the choice of hard labor for 20 or
so years, to repay the money they stole, or a bullet to the head. Their
choice.

>6.      Much of middle- and upper-class America will take a
>"retreatist" attitude and move into private high-security
>communities located in suburban or rural areas. Because of
>technological advances, many companies and corporations will also
>move out of the urban environments as well.

Yes, more and more of my wealthy friends are doing this. Most of them are
moving to the country, where defenses are more naturally provided, and not
necessarily moving to gate communities (which are actually quite
indefensible when the welfare addicts and gangbangers start rioting and
dancing.)

>7.      Due to many of the predictions listed above, much of law
>enforcement and security in the 21st Century will become
>privatized and contractual. Traditional law enforcement agencies
>will primarily serve urban and rural communities.

"Snow Crash."

>8.      Law enforcement will evolve into two major and divergent
>roles: traditional law enforcement and a more specialized
>military tactical role to deal with the growing urban violance
>and terrorist incidents.

Has already happened. The National Police Force is already mobilized
against religious groups which are deemed unacceptable, pace the Branch
Davidians.

>9.      Significant violence and unrest will plague our nation's
>prisons. Major prison riots will become a regular occurrence.

Burn the prisons with the inmates locked inside. Then simply execute those
who commit the most serious crimes.

>10.     With the decrease of the possibility of major global
>warfare, the United States military will take on an increased
>domestic "peace-keeping" role with America's law enforcement
>agencies.

Posse comitatus is already becoming a moot point. The Army will be
patrolling the streets within a few years, probably coterminous with Y2K
problems and the resulting martial law.

Militias and freedom fighters will have to start hitting U.S. military
installations. Many will die. Eventually the military will abandon the
Washington elite and will join the freedom fighters.

Ten million politicians and welfare thieves will be put up against the wall.

--Tim May

(This space left blank pending determ. of acceptability to the gov't.)